[Framework-Team] Re: PLIPs in Trac

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Sun Jun 21 02:11:51 UTC 2009

Eric Steele wrote:

> I have little to add to what Hanno and Martin have stated so well
> here. To me, what shortcomings the Trac-based approach may have are
> trivial enough for me to largely overlook and can be covered through
> some further integration work by the plone.org team and/or better
> documentation of the process. I've been getting a sense of frustration
> from new folks we've let into the system looking to help but are
> getting shot down with "that's a feature request". While that may be
> the case, I really don't want to see these potential contributors
> feeling dismissed. Can we come up with some strong documentation on
> where the leap from feature request to PLIP lies?

Eric,

We've long lacked a process for average Plone users to make feature
requests.  But no longer! :-)

I hope I've managed to document feature request vs. PLIP reasonably well
now at:

http://plone.org/documentation/faq/suggest-a-feature-for-plone

Please feel free to suggest any ways to make this clearer, or to adapt
anything from there onto the dev.plone.org/plone wiki space as needed.

best,
jon