[Framework-Team] PLIPs in Trac

Maurits van Rees maurits at vanrees.org
Fri Jun 19 00:03:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:48:24PM +0100, Matthew Wilkes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to open a public discussion on where tracs should be.  As some
> of you may know, I'm very much against the PLIPs-in-trac system that has
> been implemented following out-of-band discussions last year.
>
> I think we need to make a proper decision, I'm not sure how that will
> happen, but if it'll stop me whinging either way.
>
> For Plone <4.0 we've put PLIPs on plone.org, this has the following
> advatanges:
> - Unique, relatively low number for each PLIP
> - Custom content type enforces PLIP structure
> - Workflow matches our process

I do not really mind either way.  But I talked with Jean-Paul Ladage
about this today and he is right in saying that end users wanting to
know the future of Plone will look at the roadmap on plone.org and
they will not be impressed: http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap

They will see a bunch of plips for 3.3, one for trunk, and then about
40 'Proposals being discussed'.  Since some are apparently being
discussed since 2005 these 40 proposals might as well be ignored as
there is no guarantee or indication about when they might get
included.  This is not the sign of the healthy, active project that
Plone still is.