[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 4 dependencies

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Mon Jun 1 19:30:49 UTC 2009

David Glick wrote:
> We'll also
> have to consider what happens with the version numbers of the various
> plone.* packages which Hanno has been calling 2.x for use with Plone
> trunk...in most cases the changes are probably fine for Plone 4 and we
> can just keep using 2.x, but if there is a package with some changes on
> trunk that we don't want, we'll have to make a 2.x branch without the
> undesirable change and move that package's trunk up to 3.x)

My main reason to call all these trunk version 2.x was to allow for many
more minor-feature-upgrades aka. 1.2, 1.3, ... to happen for these
packages before the grand-overhaul-breaking-backwards-compatibility
thing. I think we should branch of the last 1.x branch of a package to a
new 1.x+1 branch for the packages where we need to do this.

Hanno