[Framework-Team] Minutes: 29 July 2009

Erik Rose psucorp at grinchcentral.com
Wed Jul 29 21:38:52 UTC 2009

Highlights from today's meeting
--------------------------------------

  * In order to quash the dependency on GroupUserFolder, we're
unamimous in supporting upgrades only from >=2.5. 2.1 and earlier can
take a detour through 2.5 to get to 4.

  * Talked in depth about Laurens' PLIP: showing full names instead of
user IDs in user-visible places like bylines. We concluded that
memoize backed by RAMCache is probably the best bet, but we would like
to first see a simple (naive, cache-free) implementation and some
benchmark numbers (pre- and post-implementation, ideally). Then we can
decide, based on hard data, what caching (if any) to use.

The Calliflower recording isn't up yet.

To do

Start thinking about which PLIP implementations you'd be well-suited
to review. It's probably too soon to actually claim any, though, since
we'd have to rebalance the load anyway once we know which 40% of them
actually get implemented.

Cheers,
Erik Rose