[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone 4] PLIP #9249 Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:09:07 UTC 2009

Jon Stahl wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Geir Bækholt · Jarn<baekholt at jarn.com> wrote:
>>> There is a step missing here: contributors must not only have signed the
>>> agreement, they must explicitly allow that specific code to be donated to
>>> the foundation. Signing the contributor agreement does not mean all your
>>> code can be moved at will to the foundation.
>
>> Yes, of course. Implied but omitted. My bad. Thanks.
>
> So, my question is: what qualifies as "explicit" agreement?  Does it
> have to be "on the permanent record" in some manner?

In our business, an email that you keep tends to be enough. I would:

  - Ask the relevant people by email
  - Ask them to reply by email giving explicit consent
  - Store those emails "forever"
  - Make a note in a CONTRIBUTORS.txt or similar that these people
consented on a particular date

If that's ever in dispute, you can go back to those emails.

I don't see a reason for any kind of "wet signature" so long as
they've signed the contributor agreement. We're not *trying* to be
difficult. :)