[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone 4] PLIP #9249 Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor

Geir Bækholt · Jarn baekholt at jarn.com
Mon Jul 27 20:52:10 UTC 2009

On 27. juli. 2009, at 22.12, Jon Stahl wrote:

> Absolutely.  Getting the code into the Foundation's long-term
> conservancy is very much worth doing if it's not too terribly hard.
> I've not been through the process before of moving Collective code to
> the Foundation, but I know Jarn has done this, so perhaps Geir can
> enlighten us there on whether any additional steps are required other
> than making sure all contributors have signed the Contributor
> Agreement.

I don't know of any special considerations beyond the normal ones.
- Code must meet Plone's quality assurance level. (i.e pass PLIP review)
- All contributors must have signed the agreement.
- Some sort of consensus that the code is of general use to Plone and
the community, and that the community is the best entity to manage
maintenance long term.
- Licensing

Makes sense to me to move it to the Plone repository in preparation of
PLIP review — as long as licenses match and all contributors are clear.

:-)

  Geir Bækholt · Managing Director, Jarn · www.jarn.com

    Plone Solutions, Development, Hosting and Support