[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone 4] Zope 2.12 status

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Wed Jul 1 22:25:01 UTC 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:22 PM, David Glick wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>>> - sort out image traversal stuff / linkintegrity (image scales are
>>> now found
>>> via an IPublishTraverse adapter rather than __bobo_traverse__,
>>> which doesn't
>>> work during non-publish traversal, so linkintegrity fails to
>>> detect that
>>> images are linked in a document)
>>
>> Huh? I thought that change was only part of Archetypes trunk and not
>> in the scope of Plone 4.
>
> I haven't given a lot of attention to Archetypes yet.  We can (and
> probably should) exclude that change.

otoh, `plone.app.imaging` also introduces that adapter, and as it was
mainly created as a support package for adding "image support" to
`plone.app.blob` (did you think anyone wanted those configurable image
scales? :)).  that's because the latter overrides the original adapter
with an implementation based on zodb blobs.

so i'm gonna argue for it's inclusion into plone 4, thereby bringing
back the `IPublishTraverse` adapter.  of course, limi simply converted
that old PSPS ticket (#7822) into a PLIP and i didn't think of adding
a reference to that dependency, so the fwt will have a point in
turning this down.  i should mention, though, that not being able to
rely on `plone.app.imaging` would set back "image support" quite a bit
and thereby reduce the chances of wrapping up blob support in time.
also, i think the configurable image scales have been a popular
request by some (b1 had 500+ downloads in 1.5 month ;)).

anyway, and stopping the shameless advertising here, i think back-
porting the traversal adapter might make sense, and since both
`plone.app.imaging` (being a potential candidate needing this) and
`plone.app.linkintegrity` happen to be packages i'm familiar with, i'd
volunteer to help fixing the issue.  how's that? :)

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.2.2 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/