[Framework-Team] PLIP #247 ready for review (I think)

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sun Jan 25 14:58:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 02:37, Ethan Jucovy <ethan.jucovy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented PLIP #247, Automate ZCML Loading for Plone Plugins
> (http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/247) and committed a review
> buildout here:
>  https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip247-automate-plugin-zcml
> for your review.

Here is my full verdict, as committed to the bundle readme:

I've updated the buildout to not use buildout.eggtractor; you already had
disabled it's zcml autoloading but didn't add Products.CMFPlone to the zcml
line. Not using buildout.eggtractor at all is a better idea here, however.

I've also added a foo.cfg buildout configuration to test the (very nice!)
demonstration package. Just run bin/buildout -c foo.cfg to have the foo
package included.

After these changes, the z3c.autoinclude package appears to work as
advertised. However, when running the z3c.autoinclude tests I see test
failures, which worries me. I understand that the package is being used by
Grok as well, and this PLIP merely covers the inclusion of the package into
Plone, but I'd like to see some comments about what these test failures are
about.

Until I see comments that alleviate my concerns about the test
failures, I'm giving this PLIP a +0.

--
Martijn Pieters