[Framework-Team] PLIP #240 ready for review

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sun Jan 25 12:09:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 00:04, Andrew Burkhalter
<andrewburkhalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> PLIP 240 (Improve locking configurability) has been implemented.  You
> can get the review buildout from:
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip240-locking-improvements/

This PLIP gets a +1 from me.

I've looked at the code changes for the 4 affected packages, ran the tests and
tested the functionality manually.

I have but one remark: the ILockable interface has been extended requiring
users of the interface to test if the additional method is actually present in
implementors. This test smells icky to me; better to assume the method is
there (and risk breaking 3rd party implementations), or define a new interface
that extends ILockable (IRefreshableLockable?). Then register
LockingOperations for that interface instead or test for IRefreshableLockable
instead of a hasattr test.

However, I feel that removing that icky smell is not a prerequisite for
acceptance, just advice to improve what otherwise is an excellent
implementation.

--
Martijn Pieters