[Framework-Team] PLIP #246 ready for review (pending review notes)

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Sun Jan 18 01:12:56 UTC 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 1:44 AM, Ricardo Alves wrote:
> Hi,

hi ricardo,

> - We should also support this view in collections/topics. I think it
> makes sense, since collections are a common way to list events from
> a plone site.

+1, and in fact, this is already on my list for next week.

> - Change the view name to "ics_view", which is the same name used
> for a single event. I find the current name ("calendar.ics") a bit
> confusing, because I would expect it to be the downloaded file's
> name, but that will be "[CONTEXT_ID].ics".

hmm, iirc i just picked the name rather arbitrarily.  iow, i don't
really care too much what it is and am fine with changing it to
whatever people think makes more sense.  however, before going ahead
right away, i'd rather wait for the review and some more comments from
the fwt, and also others, of course...

> - I'm not so sure about it, but shouldn't we also support vCalendar?
> It's still provided for single events.

we could, and it should also be easy.  i was just running short on
time last week and the PLIP luckily only mentioned iCal... :)

> - Are there any plans to add a new document action for this feature?

i'm not sure if it makes sense to globally configure such an action.
i reckon a more common use-case will be that people want feeds for two
or three folders/collections in their site, but not for the rest (at
least not automatically linked).  we were brainstorming about this a
little and will probably work on a way to enable such an action on an
instance-level.

> Thanks for working on this :) and please let know if you need any
> help.

help's always welcome, of course! :)

good night,

andi