[Framework-Team] PLIP #246 ready for review (pending review notes)

Ricardo Alves rsa at eurotux.com
Sun Jan 18 00:44:10 UTC 2009

Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> hi,
>
> as a heads-up, the review bundle for PLIP 246 (View for rendering
> events as an iCalendar file) is ready for review.  you can get it from
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip246-ical-feed/

Hi,

I'm very interested in this PLIP, since I've being implementing such
feature for several projects and would be great to have it shipped with
Plone.

 From a first look at the review bundle, I have some suggestions:

- We should also support this view in collections/topics. I think it
makes sense, since collections are a common way to list events from a
plone site.

- Change the view name to "ics_view", which is the same name used for a
single event. I find the current name ("calendar.ics") a bit confusing,
because I would expect it to be the downloaded file's name, but that
will be "[CONTEXT_ID].ics".

- I'm not so sure about it, but shouldn't we also support vCalendar?
It's still provided for single events.

- Are there any plans to add a new document action for this feature?

Thanks for working on this :) and please let know if you need any help.

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Alves <rsa at eurotux.com>
Eurotux <http://www.eurotux.com>