[Framework-Team] Reminder: PLIP merges are due

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Feb 27 22:14:50 UTC 2009

The response to my mail from last week about PLIP merges has been a
disappointing: only 4 out of 12 PLIPs have been merged so far. In
order to prevent this from becoming an everlasting process I am going
to set a deadline:

  PLIPs have to be merged by the end of Saturday, March 7. Any PLIPs not
  merged by then will be postponed until Plone 3.4.

When merging keep in mind that you should not modify any branches that
are used by Plone 3.2 (or older versions). That might mean you will have
to create a new maintenance branch for Plone 3.x and update plonenext
3.2 and plone-coredev.

This is the list of unmerged PLIPs:

Maurits van Rees:
- PLIP 197: Add FeedParser as external requirement instead of shipping with it

Florian Schulze:
- PLIP 232: Resource Registries Improvements

Calvin Hendryx-Parker
- PLIP 234: Standardizing our use of INavigationRoot

Martin Aspeli:
- PLIP 239: Adapterise the Extensible Indexable Object Wrapper

Andreas Zeidler:
- PLIP 241: Clean up auto-sort: auto-order code
- PLIP 246: View for rendering events as an iCalendar file

Ethan Jucovy:
- PLIP 247: Automate ZCML Loading for Plone Plug-ins

Regards,
Wichert.