[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.3 PLIP merges

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Thu Feb 19 23:00:18 UTC 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 1:42 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> When merging keep in mind that you should not modify any branches that
> are used by Plone 3.2 (or older versions). That might mean you will
> have
> to create a new maintenance branch for Plone 3.x and update plonenext
> 3.2 and plone-coredev.
>
> We really ought to have some kind of map/script to tell us which
> branches are used by which versions.

This is already part of plonenext.  See http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plonenext/3.2/etc/sources
  for 3.2 and http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plonenext/3.3/etc/sources
for 3.3

Hanno, any advice on forward-porting changes that are not compatible
with Plone trunk?  e.g. the locking stuff in PLIP 240 which uses some
KSS for supporting inline editing (I suppose the correct answer is to
create a new branch of the package for Plone trunk and omit the parts
that are no longer relevant)

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup