[Framework-Team] PLIP #234 Review Revisions

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Thu Feb 12 13:21:29 UTC 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> of course the other case, i.e. having the nav-root _at_ the site
> root like it is the default in plone, is already well-tested and not
> the scope of this PLIP anyway.  but i don't think many people have
> actually used this feature before (as it was partly broken), so we
> really need more thorough tests for this variant (separate nav-root)
> now that it has become feasible...

I'd be open for suggestions for other tests.  A majority of the fixes
were templates and they were to use an already existing bit of code
functionality that I didn't add like you said.  The viewlets were
modified to support this and I have the test to confirm it in the base
class for the viewlets.

If there are some specific tests you'd like to see I'd be happy to add
them, but in the end the trickiest piece of code I updated was the
calendar tool modifications and I added tests there also.

FYI...  we have released collective.lineage which depends on many of
these fixes and I believe will expand the number of people using this
functionality.  There are a lot of people excited about this new
product and are wanting to deploy it.  We actually have 1 site in
production with it already.  Since this functionality was already in
Plone before I got ahold of it I still see this PLIP as a large bug
fix that really should be included.

Cheers,
Calvin

--
S i x  F e e t  U p ,  I n c .   http://www.sixfeetup.com
Phone: +1 (317) 861-5948 x602
calvin at sixfeetup.com
ANNOUNCING the first Plone Immersive Training Experience | Sept.
10-11-12, 2009
http://www.sixfeetup.com/immerse