[Framework-Team] PLIP #234 Review Revisions

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Feb 12 12:19:15 UTC 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> [...] i did notice that test (which is why i added "almost" in
> "almost none of the changes are actually tested" ;)), but found that
> one was far from enough.  anyway, tom will make sure there are
> enough now... ;)

that said i couldn't resist to quickly check the branches for newly
added commits...  afaics the only tests you actually added are the
ones for the calendar portlet[*], though.  imho, this is not enough.
i think _all_ places affected by the changes in the PLIP need to be
tested for correct behaviour for the case when the site root is _not_
the navigation root.

of course the other case, i.e. having the nav-root _at_ the site root
like it is the default in plone, is already well-tested and not the
scope of this PLIP anyway.  but i don't think many people have
actually used this feature before (as it was partly broken), so we
really need more thorough tests for this variant (separate nav-root)
now that it has become feasible...

[*] http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/24893

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.2.1 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/