[Framework-Team] Re: Final review report

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Feb 5 21:38:10 UTC 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:06 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Interesting, that is not how I interpret a +1 at all. To me there
> are two possible outcomes right now: declare a PLIP ready for
> merging, or declare it unready for merging for a number of reasons.

perhaps to clarify a bit:  my +1 actually meant "ready for merging",
literally.  my last mail was to second that even though some PLIPs may
have received +1s there might still be room for improvement (during
the revision phase).  but that's not a requirement.

>> Example:
>> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip246-ical-feed/REVIEW-NOTES.txt
>>
>> What I mean here is that even if merged as is
>> right now I would consider it OK yet I seriously
>> think that at least the first two points I mention
>> in my review notes would improve things even
>> further. But maybe others have different views
>> on that?
>
> With that reasoning in my opion that is a negative for merging right
> now with those two points as criteria that need to be met before
> merging later.

i don't read it like that.  raphael clearly said "if merged as is" he
"would consider it OK".  of course things can be improved, but i'd
interpret that as "no showstoppers found".  however, if that's not
true, the vote should be different indeed.

> So... now that the meaning of +1 is suddenly no longer sure, can I
> please get a list of PLIPs that are ready for merging right now?

i don't think that's necessary.  we all should know what a +1 means,
and that's "ready for merging as is".  so unless some team members
speaks up or changes their vote accordingly, you may consider all
PLIPs that received +2 to be mergeable.

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.2rc1 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/