[Framework-Team] Re: Final review report

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Feb 5 21:06:05 UTC 2009

On 2/5/09 9:45 AM, Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>> hi wichert,
>>
>> On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>>> The deadline for the PLIP review report was four days ago. From what I
>>> can see not all reviews are in, and no report has been written yet.
>>>
>>>     Can I please get a proper report which covers the PLIPs that
>>> have been
>>> reviewed properly, and a date when the rest will be ready as well?
>>
>> steve has compiled and posted an overview last saturday.
>
> Which I had updated on Sunday
>
>  http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/framework-team/2009-February/002675.html
>

> to include my late coming reviews as well.
>
> Regarding a date when the rest will be ready
> is pure guess work. Of course ASAP - whenever
> that my be. (I hope to get my last one in
> tonight or tomorrow).
>
> I don't know how other reviewers see this but
> at least I didn't consider my positive responses
> in all cases to mean "ready for merge" as we are
> entering a second round now: authors picking up
> on reviewer comments.

Interesting, that is not how I interpret a +1 at all. To me there are
two possible outcomes right now: declare a PLIP ready for merging, or
declare it unready for merging for a number of reasons. There are PLIPs
that are fit for merging right now. How would you score those if your +1
has another meaning?

> Example:
>
>  http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip246-ical-feed/REVIEW-NOTES.txt
>
> What I mean here is that even if merged as is
> right now I would consider it OK yet I seriously
> think that at least the first two points I mention
> in my review notes would improve things even
> further. But maybe others have different views
> on that?

With that reasoning in my opion that is a negative for merging right now
with those two points as criteria that need to be met before merging later.

So... now that the meaning of +1 is suddenly no longer sure, can I
please get a list of PLIPs that are ready for merging right now?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman<wichert at wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.