[Framework-Team] Re: Final review report

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Thu Feb 5 08:45:03 UTC 2009

Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> hi wichert,
>
> On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> The deadline for the PLIP review report was four days ago. From what I
>> can see not all reviews are in, and no report has been written yet.
>>

>> Can I please get a proper report which covers the PLIPs that have been
>> reviewed properly, and a date when the rest will be ready as well?
>>

> steve has compiled and posted an overview last saturday.

Which I had updated on Sunday

  http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/framework-team/2009-February/002675.html

to include my late coming reviews as well.

Regarding a date when the rest will be ready
is pure guess work. Of course ASAP - whenever
that my be. (I hope to get my last one in
tonight or tomorrow).

I don't know how other reviewers see this but
at least I didn't consider my positive responses
in all cases to mean "ready for merge" as we are
entering a second round now: authors picking up
on reviewer comments.

Example:

  http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip246-ical-feed/REVIEW-NOTES.txt

What I mean here is that even if merged as is
right now I would consider it OK yet I seriously
think that at least the first two points I mention
in my review notes would improve things even
further. But maybe others have different views
on that?

That's what I consider this second round now to be about.

Raphael