[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP process in Trac for Plone 4 onwards

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Apr 8 20:59:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:35:14 +0200, Maurits van Rees
<m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:

> I think accepted could mean two different things here:
>
> 1. The plip idea is accepted as a candidate for Plone x; no code has
>    been written yet.

That's not really how reality works, though. If people have an idea that
we want to keep around, we keep it — we would most likely reject a PLIP
that seems like a bad idea or something that Plone shouldn't do.

> 2. The plip has been implemented and this implementation is accepted
>    and is ready for merge.
>
> Do we need a separate state for one of those?

I don't think so.

> I guess if a plip idea is not accepted it wil immediately be put in
> the rejected state, or perhaps if the idea is fine but not for the
> upcoming plone version, then the milestone will be changed.

Exactly. Accepted should be tied to the approval from the framework team,
IMO.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net