[Framework-Team] Re: random thought: identify the components that lack owners

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Sep 29 05:02:54 UTC 2008

Thanks to you both for lots of great writing, this is really helpful. I'm
pretty much in 100% agreement on what you've written so far — so don't
take my silence as anything but consent at the moment. Battling US
immigration authorities in Brazil to try to get back to the US, so my time
is limited at the moment. :)

Wanted to comment on one particular subject that was mentioned:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:10:23 -0300, Wichert Akkerman
<wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:

> I feel we need better sprints: fewer people, smaller focus, try harder
> to get people with the right experience and long-term availability in
> and make sure we get people with outside expertise in.

I agree, and I think we should also arrange more sprints that are less of
the "travel somewhere and see the world" type. Local sprints (see
SuperHappyDevHouse etc for inspiration) are really valuable, and there are
several natural pockets of Plone developers around the world — San
Francisco, Amsterdam, Oslo (well, Tønsberg ;) and more.

A local 1-2 day event — during the week or the weekend — can go far in
getting some real work done, and I'm planning to do one with Steve McMahon
and Joel Burton (or at least one of them) and others here in San Francisco
as soon as possible.

Related, World Plone Day might offer some useful insights on these pockets
and the potential for local sprints.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net