[Framework-Team] random thought: identify the components that lack owners

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Thu Sep 25 23:24:15 UTC 2008

We were just chatting a bit here at ONE/Northwest global HQ and the following idea came up...

Hanno pointed out to me a short while ago that a number of key core Plone components don't really have strong, active owners.  e.g. Wicked, Users + Groups UI, etc.

However, there's really no definitive list of these that we can use to recruit more talent.

Could y'all put your heads together via email and draft up such a list, which we could then use to do some targeted recruiting?

I have a feeling there is quite a bit of latent talent out there we could tap, if we could write down what needs to be pitched.

I'd be willing to help, but lack the tech expertise to totally drive it.

:jon

--------------------------
Jon Stahl | Program Manager

ONE/Northwest
 New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

www.onenw.org
jon at onenw.org
206-286-1235x15
http://blogs.onenw.org/jon

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
 Practical advice for effective online engagement
  http://www.onenw.org/full_signup