[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.2 and 3.3 planning

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Sun Sep 14 11:32:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:16:40 +0200, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm not really interested in labouring this further.

how about --- as a compromise --- set the deadline for turning in PLIPs on
friday october 10th, i.e. the last day of the conference?  the fwt will be
busy discussing their processes during the first couple of days anyway
(hopefully).  at least personally i don't expect to have time to review
PLIPs while the conf is still running.  that'll change once the sprint
starts, though.  i haven't really decided what i'm gonna work on, so i
might as well set some time to review and discuss PLIPs with the other
members and hopefully also with their authors.

> In the future, I think it'd be good if we adopted a slightly more
> consultative approach to setting deadlines for the process.

+1

> If the FWT were forced to be more actively
> involved in the planning and setting of deadlienes in the first place
> (How many have actually chimed into this thread? Only Andreas, I
> think...), then they may also feel more responsible for meeting those
> deadlines.

+1 as well.  and, as a side note, i'm not sure if all members are reading
the fwt list as mail or via a news reader, but i suspect some of them do
the latter and might not have noticed the discussion yet.  an easy "fix"
for that might be to actually cc all members directly on mails like
wichert's announcement.  the schedule and deadlines will affect the fwt
members directly, so we should make sure they know about them asap.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.1.5.1 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/