[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] Plone 3.2 and 3.3 planning

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun Sep 14 04:09:45 UTC 2008

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Discussions will happen regardless, of course. Maybe we should make some
> intelligent use of the sprint time to connect the FWT with PLIP authors
> for some workshops/brainstorming?
>
> Should we just put this to a vote? I think the main impact here is on
> the current FWT (especially since Wichert regrettably won't be at the
> conference), so IMHO it should be up to them.

The most important thing that I want to happen is to be absolutely sure
that PLIPs are reviewed promptly. Since almost the entire framework team
will be present at the conference I think it makes sense to take that
opportunity to get them to work together in reviewing the PLIPs and
possibly discussing their internal procedures as part of that process.
Hence the deadlines I set.

If people write PLIPs during the proposal and the framework team is
willing to include those in its review work than I have no problem with
that. There is even room for that since the review deadline is set a
week after the conference (I was expecting this response). I'm not
willing to move deadlines for it.

> As a data point, I'm in the same boat as Limi. It's extremely unlikely
> that I'll even have time to think about any PLIPs until the conference.
> My life's pretty much on hold due to work until then. Obviously I don't
> warrant an exception or special treatment (nor does Limi), but I
> wouldn't be surprised if other people had similar ideas.

As a data point it seems neither of you have ever written a PLIP during
a conference, which is perfectly understable: both of you are way too
busy preparing your talks, talking to people, organizing various and
socializing. That was true of previous conferences and will be true for
this one as well.

Wichert.