[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] Plone 3.2 and 3.3 planning

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sat Sep 13 07:29:56 UTC 2008

Previously Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:50:44 -0700, Andreas Zeidler
> <az at zitc.de> wrote:
>
> > so personally i'm still undecided and would like to hear some more
> > opinions.  spontaneously i think i'd rather "leave the window open",
> > but i'd like to contemplate about it a bit more...
>
> Please leave the window for PLIPs open until after the conference. Most of
> our best thinking happens at conference sprints, and that's the part that
> you can't replicate anywhere else — once the PLIP is written, you can
> pretty much work on it anywhere, you don't need a sprint for that
> (although it does help with blocking out time).

My memory made me think PLIPs are generally not written at conferences
so I did a bit of analysis on the creation date of all PLIPs on
plone.org. That showed that are definite peaks in PLIP productivity but
they do not match with a conference at all. The latest big peaks are
December 2007, August 2006, March 2006 and December 20205. All other
months only show 0-3 PLIPs while each of those peaks is >10.

With this evidence I'm even more convinced that it makes more sense to ask
people to create PLIPs now and let the framework team disucss those at
the conference, providing immediate feedback to the PLIP authors.

Wichert.