[Framework-Team] PLIP 234: Standardizing our use of INavigationRoot

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Wed Oct 29 06:57:35 UTC 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:

> hi team,
>
> afaict PLIP 234[1] was never proposed to the framework team list.
> technically we require this in order to consider a PLIP, or at least
> we repeatedly asked PLIP authors to announce their PLIPs here so
> we're aware of them.  seeing that this particular PLIP has already
> received two votes[3] — probably because wichert (i reckon) has
> included in in the list for 3.3[2] — and since it's already been
> proposed in august, i suppose we want to be friendly and make an
> exception here.  right? :)

The core developer reference[1] was incorrectly stating that PLIPs
should be announced on the plone developers list, rather than the
framework team list.  So I'm glad that we were willing to be lenient
in this case.  I have corrected that error -- if you see the same
error elsewhere, please fix it.

SteveM and I are going to do a more thorough review of the process-
related parts of our developer documentation sometime after the US
election, to make sure they are up to date, so please let one of us
know if you are aware of new pieces of knowledge that are in our
collective heads but should be written down for the sake of new people
coming on board.

By the way, have any deadlines been named for implementing the PLIPs
that were approved for 3.3?

[1] http://plone.org/documentation/manual/plone-developer-reference/overview/release-process

peace,

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup