[Framework-Team] PLIP 238: Disable inline editing by default

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Tue Oct 28 10:12:02 UTC 2008

my users first go 'oh cool!' when i show them the new feature and
then, as time passes, ca. 50% find the default behavior more annoying
than beneficial. the rest doesn't seem to care much either way.

so, IMHO the current state is a usability bug for many folks and
remedying it would help *them* while the others would only miss a
feature which they could then activate. i.e. the current state does
more harm than the scenario the plip proposes.

i'm therefor also +1 on this.

cheers,

tom