[Framework-Team] PLIP 246: View for rendering events as an iCalendar file

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Mon Oct 27 23:48:29 UTC 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 6:27 PM, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 07:55, Alexander Limi <limi at plone.org> wrote:
>> On behalf of Andreas Zeidler, I'd like to offer up the following
>> PLIP for
>> your consideration for Plone 3.3:
>>
>> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/246
>
> +1 from me.
>
> I am voting on the PLIP, not the implementation BTW. That's something
> for the next round.

being the one responsible for the latter (the PLIP itself was in fact
limi's idea, even though he humbly put his name only to second it ;)),
i'd like to state that i certainly hope the implementation will see
significant improvements!  the way it works right now is very likely
to cause pretty nasty performance issues.  however, the current
implementation was also only put together in about an hour (most of
which was spent digging through atct code and adding the test and
other bits around the actual 8 or so lines of code) and meant to serve
as a quick prototype...

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.1.6 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/