[Framework-Team] Kicking off Plone 4: Release Manager candidate

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Mon Oct 27 22:18:54 UTC 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 10:42 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting has said that he'd like to be the release manager
> for Plone 4, and I'd like to formally propose him as a candidate for
> this role. Martin Aspeli has indicated that he'd like to help Hanno
> in a "developer communication" role, so Hanno can focus on his job
> of the release manager, and Martin will help communicate what's
> going on to our core developers and add-on product developers.

+1 on both of them.

> Also, if the official nomination for the Plone 4 release manager has
> to wait until there is a Framework Team for 4.0, we should:
> a) Start identifying these people ASAP.

just for the record:  the plan we discussed in DC was to make a call
for new framework team members by the end of the (this!) month, which
is now very soon.  we might miss that goal, but the point is that it
really shouldn't be too long until we've established a new team for 4.0.

> b) Possibly accept Hanno as an interim release manager until the
> team can make an official recommendation based on the available
> candidates.

if there's need for an interims manager, i'm all +1 for letting hanno
do it.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de