[Framework-Team] Kicking off Plone 4: Release Manager candidate

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Mon Oct 27 16:36:55 UTC 2008

Hi Whit,

The current procedure is that the framework team recommends a release
manager to the board, which does the hiring and paying.

At the DC meeting, the framework team members decided that a team for
4.0 would be recruited (the 3.x team would continue to operate) and
would nominate a release manager.

Alex is basically proposing that we shortcut the process by naming
Hanno interim release manager, pending formal confirmation by the 4.0
team.

I'm not a member of the framework team, but did join the DC meeting.
The purpose of talking about the procedures was to get things moving,
not to hinder us. Given Hanno's stature in the community, if the
existing framework team and alums concur on him, I see absolutely no
problem in moving forward.

Steve