[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 242: Move manage-portlets link to site actions

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Mon Oct 27 14:57:49 UTC 2008

On Oct 10, 2008, at 5:33 AM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> Well, first of all: we really have to be restrictive for doing -1's
> just because there is documentation describing it. That will nearly
> always stop progress and we won't that to happen.

imho, UI and technical changes are different here.  the former will
affect many more people, the latter only those who are (or should be)
used to change anyway.

> Second: there is really a problem with how it is done now.

i agree it should be changed, just not in a minor version.  so let's
do things better in 4.0.

> So, until in 4.0 where this may not be an issue anymore, I'm +1 on
> this one.

please add your all your votes to the plip page, i.e. http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/242

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de