[Framework-Team] Kicking off Plone 4: Release Manager candidate

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Oct 26 21:42:52 UTC 2008

Hi team,

There's been a lot of activity and excitement about Plone 4 after the
Plone Conference, and I'd like for us to start moving on the development
for it.

Hanno Schlichting has said that he'd like to be the release manager for
Plone 4, and I'd like to formally propose him as a candidate for this
role. Martin Aspeli has indicated that he'd like to help Hanno in a
"developer communication" role, so Hanno can focus on his job of the
release manager, and Martin will help communicate what's going on to our
core developers and add-on product developers.

So, if anyone else is interested in being the release manager for Plone 4,
let us know!

Also, if the official nomination for the Plone 4 release manager has to
wait until there is a Framework Team for 4.0, we should:

a) Start identifying these people ASAP.
b) Possibly accept Hanno as an interim release manager until the team can
make an official recommendation based on the available candidates.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net