[Framework-Team] PLIP 246: View for rendering events as an iCalendar file

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Mon Oct 20 16:51:24 UTC 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

> Hi Framework Team,
>
> On behalf of Andreas Zeidler, I'd like to offer up the following
> PLIP for your consideration for Plone 3.3:
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/246
>
> It's a pretty trivial PLIP that adds a new view that is capable of
> rendering events as an iCalendar file, so people can subscribe to
> Plone events in various calendaring software like iCal, Google
> Calendar, Outlook, Sunbird, etc.
>
> The view is added to ATContentTypes, and is currently implemented on
> a branch (and includes tests).
>
> PS: Andreas is fully responsible for the implementation here, I'm
> only helping out by writing a short PLIP for him.

An unofficial +0.5 from me, which will increment to +1 if the
following question is addressed:

Why is a calendar support mixin used, instead of adapting to
ICalendarSupport?  The latter would make it easier to also implement
calendar support for non-AT content.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup