[Framework-Team] PLIP 246: View for rendering events as an iCalendar file

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Oct 20 05:55:25 UTC 2008

Hi Framework Team,

On behalf of Andreas Zeidler, I'd like to offer up the following PLIP for
your consideration for Plone 3.3:

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/246

It's a pretty trivial PLIP that adds a new view that is capable of
rendering events as an iCalendar file, so people can subscribe to Plone
events in various calendaring software like iCal, Google Calendar,
Outlook, Sunbird, etc.

The view is added to ATContentTypes, and is currently implemented on a
branch (and includes tests).

PS: Andreas is fully responsible for the implementation here, I'm only
helping out by writing a short PLIP for him.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net