[Framework-Team] Plone 3.2 and 3.3 planning

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Oct 16 11:47:52 UTC 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 8:18 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> For Plone 3.3 we will start with a round of PLIP previews, during
> which the framework team can provide a verdict on the desirability
> of proposed PLIPs. The criteria are correct technical design,
> correct user interface design, and the need merge the PLIP in core
> instead of maintaining or maturing it as an add-on. The dates are:
> PLIPs to be submitted before October 5th
> framework team gives verdict on all PLIPs before October 20th

on behalf of the framework team i'd like to announce that we, the
team, and the release manager have decided to extend these deadlines
to allow people to still submit PLIPs with ideas that came up or were
discussed during this year's plone conference.  the new dates are:

PLIPs to be submitted before or on october 19th (thereby extending the
window by two weeks)
framework team gives verdict on all PLIPs before or on october 27th
(extending the window by one week)

please note that october 19th is _this_ sunday, so there's not too
much time left after all.  however, all PLIPs submitted so far, and
especially those (technically) submitted too late, will be considered
for inclusion into plone 3.3.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de