[Framework-Team] What is Plone 3.3?

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Sun Oct 12 14:54:47 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Martin,

I hear you loud and clearly ;-)

Actually I even share all of you concerns.

And I was just about to propose the add-on approach
while reading your message. I would agree that if
we are providing such changes in the 3.x series
site admins should be able to decide what they want
(and some things wouldn't even need add-ons like the
moving of the 'manage-portets' link: adding an invisible
site action and giving the link a dedicated CSS class
should make it pretty straight-forward for people who
want that change *if* it is properly documented).

In particular the printed books are a strong argument
from my POV. Just imagine a brand new book coming
out in a few weeks from now and parts of it are already
outdated. That wouldn't fit my understanding of what
we want 3.x to be.

Raphael