[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 242: Move manage-portlets link to site actions

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Oct 9 15:28:15 UTC 2008

Hi Wichert,

> I want to propose PLIP 242 for Plone 3.3: Move manage-portlets link to site
> actions.

A non-counting -1 from my side, because:

  - Site actions (sitemap, control panel, etc) are "global". "Manage
portlets" is contextual.

  - Users are likely to look for the place to change portlets next to
where they see the portlets.

  - We have existing documentation and people have received training.
Moving a link may not seem like much, but it will cause confusion.

For the last reason in particular, I think this is inappropriate for a
3.x release.