[Framework-Team] PLIP 236: Move Display menu to edit and allow for custom properties

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Thu Oct 9 10:42:25 UTC 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I think Danny wanted to propose this for 3.3 but forgot to mail this
> list? The workflow status shows that he proposed it.
>

> Motivation
> ==========
>
> The display menu is a setting that controls how an object presents
> itself to the user. Right now it suggests it is a switch that every user
> can change at will not knowing it is persistent among all the users.
> Therefore this menu should be part of the settings tab in the edit form.

Maybe this could be another example for the local
management section?

Again, I agree that the current behavior is confusing
at times. What's more, we are lacking the option to
easily try out things without persisting them or
changing the default view on the basis of individual
users. But that's a different story entirely, I know.

Raphael