[Framework-Team] PLIP 244: Portlet management improvements

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 23:41:23 UTC 2008

> … incremental improvements to plone.app.portlets. We'd like to
> propose this for Plone 3.3:
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/244

Good discussion and voting on that one. Thanks.

I'd love to see greater flexibility and ease of use, it's (debatably)
very difficult for newcomers to get their heads around management of
portlets.

I think it needs not only:

* new way(s) of achieving the desired result, with _plenty_ of user
testing

but also

* pruning some of the more traditional/complex approaches and/or
documentation.

-- and the latter would break a 3.x rule.