[Framework-Team] Re: random thought: identify the components that lack owners

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 23:19:16 UTC 2008

(Catching up on months of accumulated e-mail ...)

Re: ownership, code quality, developer departures and arrivals,
learning curves, sprints and the various other subjects raised within
this thread:

I tend be absent from the community for weeks/months at a time, I pay
little attention to stats, I don't intend to rank products or
documentation, and I don't (can't) bury my head in code.

 From this pleasant distance, and over the years:

* I see great mixes of people within and beyond formal team structures
* I see Plone improving _significantly_ and with _consideration_
* I see equal (probably greater) improvements in products for Plone
* I see _and meet_ people who are passionate about Plone.

The four points above are enormously positive. Give yourselves a pat
on the back.

Voting processes, mapping people to perceived gaps, etc. will
naturally bring frustrations and concerns to the surface. Don't let
the negatives shape your reactions to things. Be aware that you're
widely and highly appreciated :)