[Framework-Team] Re: Fwd: Including a Documentation section in each PLIP

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sat Nov 15 16:08:16 UTC 2008

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> I do agree that documentation should be part of PLIPs. One simple thing
> would be to just have a free-text on the PLIP that identifies the
> documentation that is either required or extant for the PLIP, so that
> people who look at the PLIP later can find a pointer to where there's
> more documentation.

I would much rather see the equivalent of the what-is-new-in-python-x.y
documents: a thorough explanation of every change, its rationale, and
the inpact that has on both existing and new code. That would then be a
very useful starting point for the documentation team to update/extend
other documentation.

Wichert.