[Framework-Team] Fwd: Including a Documentation section in each PLIP

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Sat Nov 15 03:57:11 UTC 2008

Steve McMahon wrote:
> Hi Framework Team,

Hi Steve and Israel,

first of all thanks for bringing this up.

Just one personal comment from my side:

I think I do understand where this is coming from
and I really appreciate the intention.
But (there's almost always a but in real life
isn't it ...) lets try to be realistic:

First, I'm much in favor of having the PLIP process
as easy as possible. First and foremost we should
be interested in ideas and implementations I think.
Everything else should follow from there.

Second, it is my understanding that much of what's
proposed here should be the responsibility of the
framework team. At least I usually try to point out
where I think documentation (be it new or an update)
is needed on an individual basis.

Don't get me wrong but I seriously think that raising
the bar for submitting PLIPs or accepting them beyond
of what we require today already might be problematic.

Others may disagree, of course, but I only want to stress
the fact that it is one thing to formulate wishful thinking
and another to value openness and accessibility.

Just my 2 cents

Raphael