[Framework-Team] PLIP 246: View for rendering events as an iCalendar file

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 21:12:28 UTC 2008

On 20 Oct 2008, at 06:55, Alexander Limi wrote:

> Hi Framework Team,
>
> On behalf of Andreas Zeidler, I'd like to offer up the following
> PLIP for your consideration for Plone 3.3:
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/246
>
> It's a pretty trivial PLIP …

A quick question: can you imagine any situation in which states of
event objects could become an issue?

I think of <http://dev.plone4artists.org/pm/p/plone4artists/ticket/182>.

iCalendar publish/subscribe (or subscribe alone) is for me extremely
desirable — I'll help in whatever way I can — but I suggest
*exceptionally* thorough testing before inclusion in Plone core.

iCalendar clients vary enormously in terms of quality and compliance.
My concern is that any subscriber difficulty with what's published by
Plone should not be misconstrued as an issue with Plone OOTB.

Might the improvement be delivered as an add-on?

(One of the recommended add-ons that appears, commented-out, in
buildout.cfg ?)

Partially reflecting this conversation, sticky note and comments at
<http://www.diigo.com/annotated/cd160f63f6e5427b112b74d0bf8686d7>.

Best regards
Graham