[Framework-Team] PLIP Tallies

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Nov 6 08:44:21 UTC 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Now on to the real work - the reviewing.
>
> How do we distribute that across the team?

since we didn't talk about it or made any changes, i'd say the same
"rules" still apply:  each PLIP should be reviewed in depth by at
least two people.  however, now that external reviewers are allowed to
be brought in, i think those two people doesn't necessarily have to be
team members — imho one would be enough, but at least one would/should
also be required.  as with 3.1 the other members will be required to
vote — or explicitly abstain, which is to say everyone must give a
statement in regards to every one of the PLIPs reviewed (on the
respective PLIP pages! :)).

as for distributing the work, i'd suggest everyone voice their
preferences and interests for reviewing PLIPs, and/or possibly finding
external reviewers.  we've got 13 accepted PLIPs, so there will need
to be at least 26 reviews.  therefore i think every team member should
at least pick 5 or 6, imho.  i, for one, would be interested in
reviewing the following:

     · #126: Link type should automatically redirect when accessed
directly
     · #234: Standardizing our use of INavigationRoot
     · #239: Adapterise the Extensible Indexable Object Wrapper
     · #240: Improve locking configurability
     · #243: Replace workflow history viewlet with content history
viewlet
     · #247: Automate ZCML Loading for Plone Plug-ins

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.1.6 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/