[Framework-Team] Draft Call for Team Membership Applications

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Sat Nov 1 22:48:29 UTC 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 22:37, Steve McMahon <steve at dcn.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'd like to see people nominated as well; perhaps candidates need to
>>> have someone second them? Not sure what standing we'd expect from
>>> the
>>> nominator.
>>
>> Do you think you'll get a lot of candidates? If not, I'd say keep the
>> process low-overhead and just take self-nominations.
>
> Okay; I guess we review the candidates anyway. I am just concerned
> that suitable candidates may be shy to step up themselves; it can take
> some guts to step up to the plate and say "I want to help decide what
> the future of Plone is going to be like". Nominating should be an
> option too, something like "if you know someone you think is perfect
> for the job, let us know".

Nomination doesn't have to be formalized.  If you have people in mind,
why not contact them directly and encourage them to submit a self-
nomination?  Then a shy person would know that they are welcome, but
would still have to demonstrate some initiative.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup