[Framework-Team] Draft Call for Team Membership Applications

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sat Nov 1 22:29:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 22:37, Steve McMahon <steve at dcn.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to see people nominated as well; perhaps candidates need to
>> have someone second them? Not sure what standing we'd expect from the
>> nominator.
>
> Do you think you'll get a lot of candidates? If not, I'd say keep the
> process low-overhead and just take self-nominations.

Okay; I guess we review the candidates anyway. I am just concerned
that suitable candidates may be shy to step up themselves; it can take
some guts to step up to the plate and say "I want to help decide what
the future of Plone is going to be like". Nominating should be an
option too, something like "if you know someone you think is perfect
for the job, let us know".

--
Martijn Pieters