[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] moving description to aviewlet

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Wed May 21 21:10:05 UTC 2008

On 20.05.2008, at 06:53, Jon Stahl wrote:

> I agree that we should have a stronger opinion about this in Plone
> 4.0.  Personally, I lean towards making it pure-metatadat and adding
> a "lead-in" content field.

+1

FWIW, this is exactly what we are doing here for a current (newspaper)
project and (incidentally) is the exact use-case that the journalists
involved in the project came up with without any knowledge of this
issue here on the list. i.e. they wanted a description field for
metadata (i.e. search engines) and an explicit lead-in field for the
articles.

just my $0.02,

tom