[Framework-Team] Re: moving description to a viewlet

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon May 19 07:08:46 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli schreef:

> I'd rather just advise people to hide the documentDescription div with
> CSS if they want it gone site-wide, [...snip...]

A good description is often search engine friendly.

I don't know much about google's filters, but wouldn't it be a bit risky
to hide it with css? You'd have the same search engine friendly text in
the head's description tag and as hidden text in the page itself. I
wonder if that could trigger some SEO penalty. I'm probably too
paranoid, though :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/