[Framework-Team] Re: 3.2 Release Manager

Spanky spanky at 3x6x9.com
Wed Jun 25 16:58:44 UTC 2008

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Martijn Pieters wrote:

The only reason I said anything was due to this sentence:

"We need to agree on actually doing that release and find a release
manager for it."

@Wichert So, no mal-intent :) And I agree that you've done a great job.

>>> I'm really glad Spanky's showing so much enthusiasm and willingness
>>> to do an
>>> important job. That said, I think there is a lot to be said for
>>> having the
>>> same release manager for the whole 3.x cycle, from a continuity and
>>> stability perspective.
>>>

>> I must say that I agree with that sentiment, especially in light of
>> what a great job Wichert has done so far. I'm in favour of not
>> changing a winning formula. ;-)
>>

> I'm probably missing something but I was quite surprised
> by this discussion coming up now. I would also very much
> prefer Wichert to continue for the Plone 3.x line if at all
> possible.
>
> Maybe there is a way for Spanky to get "on board" for
> Plone 4 by helping Wichert and thereby being trained
> on the job?

I would love to shadow Wichert and help him with anything along the way.
What I *dont'* want is to slow anybody down.

> @Spanky: please don't get this wrong. I very much
> appreciate your willingness to take on such an important
> task.

None taken, I agree with everyone :)

> Raphael

~Spanky standing by...