[Framework-Team] Re: 3.2 Release Manager

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Wed Jun 25 08:44:51 UTC 2008

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>> As far as I know I'm still release manager for 3.x. I've been waiting
>>> for the foundation board (in the person of that same limi) to answer
>>> some questions I asked about the release manager stipend. Once those
>>> have been answered I'll start planning a 3.2 release.
>>>
>> I'm really glad Spanky's showing so much enthusiasm and willingness to do an
>> important job. That said, I think there is a lot to be said for having the
>> same release manager for the whole 3.x cycle, from a continuity and
>> stability perspective.
>>

> I must say that I agree with that sentiment, especially in light of
> what a great job Wichert has done so far. I'm in favour of not
> changing a winning formula. ;-)

I'm probably missing something but I was quite surprised
by this discussion coming up now. I would also very much
prefer Wichert to continue for the Plone 3.x line if at all
possible.

Maybe there is a way for Spanky to get "on board" for
Plone 4 by helping Wichert and thereby being trained
on the job?

@Spanky: please don't get this wrong. I very much
appreciate your willingness to take on such an important
task.

Raphael