[Framework-Team] review deadline coming up

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Wed Jan 30 00:44:52 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I get the impression that the framework team is not going to be able
> to meet the current deadline.

ok, obviously coming up with an overview took me way longer than i
thought, since i could again only work on and off today.  anyway, here
it is:  only one plip, namely #195: "Support product dependencies",
has been reviewed so far, thanks to raphael and tom (see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7733)
.  then, no review bundles have been submitted for the following plips:

     #196 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7734
     #210 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7745
     #211 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7746
     #215 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7749
     #216 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7750
     #219 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7753
     #221 — see https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7755

i've closed these tickets while cc'ing the plip authors in case they'd
like to comment (of course choosing to not do so is perfectly fine as
well).    all other plips still need to be reviewed — the list of
pending reviews can be found at http://tinyurl.com/39aqyq

in other words, that's 16 reviews to go with only four days left
according to the original schedule.  i think despite some of the plips
being really small i'm gonna have to agree with wichert that this
seems pretty unrealistic, especially considering that everybody seems
to be quite busy atm.

> Instead of me setting a deadline lets try to reverse things: once
> you have made a list and distributed the reviews amongst the
> framework team members can you give me a reasonably deadline when
> all reviews can be finished?

first of all, +1.  as i've said above, i don't think things will be
ready until saturday, and imho we cannot compensate for losing review
resources (i.e. martijn) either.  so, could every team member please
respond asap to let us know what the status is and until when they can
finished their shares of reviews?!  of course, to answer the second
part we first need to distribute those 16 review.  however, as i don't
think anyone would be too happy to go ahead and do this for you, you
should initially each grab at least three of them yourselves:

   * raphael, you've offered to look at martin's plips — is that still
valid?  i know they're probably a more substantial ones, so i suppose
you could leave one or two for someone else
   * martijn, when will you be able to work on this again?  and do you
have any preferences about what plips you'd like to review?
   * tom, i know you were still planning to do the reviews this week,
so how much time will you have for this?
   * danny, could you perhaps go through to see what you think would
be okay for you, i.e. not too technical, and grab those?

in case there are tickets left unassigned by tomorrow afternoon, say
2pm, i'll try to come up with some suggestions for assigning them, in
which case you'll have to take care of finding good reasons to pass
those reviews on yourselves... ;)

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de